Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Electra-Glide in Blue (1973)

Directed by James William Guercio Starring Robert Blake

IMDB page

Trailer

I'm going to go home and watch this now, and I'll post in the comments to let you know how I like it. I haven't seen it in (Jesus Christ!) forty years, but I loved it when I was 15. James William Guercio is better known as a record producer (Chicago, Blood Sweat and Tears), and this was the only film he ever directed-- but in 1973, it was the American entry at the Cannes festival (So I guess every country submits a film? I'll admit that I know nothing about how this works), and it was a big hit there according to the advertising blurbs in the New York Times. I remember tightly controlled cinematography, a lot of close-ups of things. I was impressed by such things back then.

Robert Blake (Before Baretta) plays a motorcycle cop, and he solves a murder. I don't remember much more, but the trailer looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment